Most frequent questions and answers
How do I get started?
- I’ve made it “SUPER EASY” to get You started on Your Mixed Martial Arts Journey by taking away all risk and placing it solely on my shoulders.
- Step # 1: Click on the Red Start Your Free Trail button on the website RIGHT NOW to schedule a free private lesson with our highly trained instructors.
- Step # 2: Come into your scheduled Free Private Lesson where a Qualified Instructor will sit down and discuss your Specific Individualized MMA Goals, Assess Your Fitness level, and Teach You “Battle Tested” MMA Techniques For Self Defense.
- Step # 3: Once the best program has been determined based on your assessment. You will have several affordable class packages to choose from.
Scheduled a free trial, what’s next?
- You’ll receive an e-mail confirmation in several seconds as notification that your request has been received. If you have not received your confirmation e-mail, please check your junk mail folder. If it’s not in the junk mail folder, please check if you provided the correct e-mail a typo may have been inputed.
- A confirmation text will be sent on the day of your appointment as reminder
Do I need to have experience to participate?
No experience is required to participate in our classes. We have classes for beginners intermediate and advance students. The free private lesson we provide is an opportunity to assess potential students and determine which class they are best suited for.
What can I expect to do in classes?
- MMA 101… Student will be introduced to basic techniques and body movements of both Muay Thai and Brazilian jiu-jitsu in a stress free environment. Basic skills will be honed in this class to allow Advancement to the Foundation classes.
- Muay Thai Foundation… Students will learn an eclectic approach to Muay Thai that incorporate certain aspects of boxing, karate and kickboxing. Skills will be developed through the use of focus mitts, heavy bags, Thai pads, partner drills, speed ball, strategy sessions and sparring.
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu… Student will continue to learn specific body movements that will allow increased understanding of various techniques in Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Many Techniques such as takedown, positions, transitions and submission will be learned through partner drilling and progressive live grappling.
Can I walk in for a trial class?
MMA and its varying disciplines can be overwhelming at first. For your first session it’s necessary to schedule an appointment so we can provide you a personalized orientation of the program, the context you’ll train within and allow you ample time to ask your questions.
What equipment is required?
Equipment needs are determined by the classes you take. Brazilian Jujitsu classes require a Gi also known as a Kimono, groin protector, chest protector for females, mouthpiece, rash guards and spats to worn underneath the Gi/kimono. In Muay Thai classes a variety of shorts can be worn, Muay Thai shorts, fight shorts and Vale Todo shorts. A school T-shirt must be worn in Muay Thai classes once a member. Boxing gloves, hand wraps, shin guard, groin protector and chest protector for females. All equipment can be purchased at the Pro Shop in the school.
Am I too old for MMA?
NO… MMA is recreational sport that requires students to develop skills in Muay Thai, Boxing, KickBoxing, Wrestling, Karate and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. When trained properly and safely injuries are greatly reduced.
Do you have a minimum age requirement?
Yes, our minimum age requirement is 7 years old but an evaluation is required to determine a child’s ability to follow directions.